Let me just make this clear: I don’t typically do these. It’s not that I don’t find questionaires/surveys interesting, I actually do. The problem is that these things often get way out of hand and then it becomes one of those annoying “forward if you love Jesus” kinds of things and I don’t want to be the person that you automatically write off and label as a “crazy” (although I know the title fits).
My dear friend Megan sent this to me and this is the first of the kind I have received. I also think the absolute world of her. It’s also fun because I’ve now met 10 other bloggers in this process (well, I’ve stalked their blogs anyway.) I apologize in advance for anyone who feels like I do about these things — and I have now linked you. You don’t have to do it, but I might have to send flying monkeys to attack you. When you least expect it.
I’m just kidding! Sort of.
Here are the rules:
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
11 Random Things About Me:
1. As a child, I ate things like liver cheese, braunschweiger, and gizzards until I was old enough to realize that they are supposed to be gross. I’m still a pretty fearless eater.
2. I had an 8th grade reading level in the first grade and I am a speed reader. I can read a book in one sitting.
3. I love to sing, dance, and act, but I have severe stage fright. I almost blacked out after my first University Singers concert because I locked my legs from fear.
4. My 13th birthday party was a sleepover in my grandpa’s shop. We slept on tires, had a cake fight, had teenage drama, and played dress up.
5. I act extremely outgoing, but I am really an introvert. I have to force myself to try new things, especially things that involve people. If you know me personally, you’d probably never that about me but it’s true.
6. I probably watch PBS more than any other television station.
7. I recite the ABC’s when washing my hands, brushing my teeth, or doing things in 30 second increments.
8. I really love old fashioned things: listening to artists from the 30’s-50’s, vintage stuff, making things by hand, etc.
9. Once I taught myself to do a front flip on a trampoline and then I foolishly thought I could do it on the ground. I landed on my neck/head and I was outside alone. I am amazed that I didn’t break anything and I don’t think I told anyone what had happened.
10. I hate fishing.
11. I injured my knee in college while breakdancing, alone, to MC Hammer’s Too Legit to Quit. True Story.
1. Would you rather live in the mountains, or by the beach? I used to say the mountains, but I’m starting to be a beach kind of gal. Swimming to keep me exercising and lots of sunshine!
2. Do you consider yourself a city girl? Country girl? Or somewhere in between? Again, this has changed over time! I used to be a total city gal, and I love downtown — but I’m totally a country girl deep down. Give me starry skies, grassy prairies, and a slow evening on the porch!
3. What is your favorite movie? Pride and Prejudice. It’s my go-to movie.
4. What is your ideal vacation? At this point, just any one I could take! What I would LOVE to do is go see New England in the fall, and go to New York City for Christmas.
5. If you could meet any one person, past or present, who would it be? Right now, it’s the Pioneer Woman. She makes me laugh. I think we could be friends.
6. Where is your favorite place to eat out? Cheesecake Factory. I’ll starve myself all day and eat just a salad for dinner if that means I can have a whole piece of their cheesecake.
7. Is is coke or pop? Neither. I say “something to drink” or I list the exact item simply because I am in a quandary over coke, soda, or pop. True story. Or I will say “soft drink.” I’m such a rule follower.
8. If you could do anything, knowing that you would not fail at it, what would you do? Become a writer or a singer.
9. Would you rather be hot or cold? Cold. I hate sweating when I’m not working out.
10. What do you like to do in your spare time? Sewing, writing, baking, or reading. It’s always a toss up over what I tackle at that time.
11. Name one country you would like to visit. Ireland!
Tag! You’re It!
I tag Jared at Badly Drawn Bible, Kara Kae at The Mom Diggity, Julia at Elated Exhaustion, Kate at Mommy Metamorphosis, Jamie at Life, Left Over, Daniel, Heather at Another Ten Miles, Sarah the Naptime Momtog, Holly at Eating the Elephant, and Kako at Studio Kako, and Meagan at Meagan’s Musings.