There’s been a lot going on and a little time, so I thought I would list everything I can think of sharing with you off the top of my head in list format.
Ready? Here we go!
1. We found a place to live!! In just the right amount of time, too! We ended up having to go with an apartment, but we are in a good location and the rent is inexpensive enough that we will have a little breathing room while we look to find a place to buy. Best part? It’s not in the ghetto AND I’m next door to friends! WIN.
2. Our new place is about 20 minutes from the Ballpark. Texas Rangers games. SCORE.
3. If you are reading this Friday morning, I will be working at another garage sale. One I specifically asked my grandmother to get someone else to work. Did she? No. In fact, she conveniently moved on without even acknowledging my request or informing me otherwise. That’s my grandma.
4. We have about 2 more weeks of training and I am traveling to see my hubs next week! Woo! I will get to see friends too and I am really excited about it! Food! Pool! Beach! Friends! YES.
5. The OKC Thunder is in the finals! Although, I might be actually jinxing the game right now. I should turn the TV off.
6. I am severely sleep deprived. I cannot remember why I got on here to write in the first place.
7. Monday I went to the zoo with B and I met some new friends in the area. Of course I would meet this girl right when I am moving, but I am so blessed to have met her. She is awesome and it was nice to have a friend with kids the same age in the area. I took a few pictures — now I just need to upload them!
8. I had to give up my SEO writing gig. I liked it a lot, but being without proper internet for the last few weeks and the fact that I’ve had little to no time to myself, I couldn’t justify trying to keep it up. I shared it with a friend that is perfect for the job and so I am pretty pleased with the end result, even though I’m no longer doing it.
9. This has been one of the roughest times I have had in a while. Perhaps that’s not true. It seems like every week is that way, but it is extremely draining to live with my grandmother. She lets my child do whatever she wants and gives her so much sugar it’s ridiculous — and I cannot make her stop. There is no way to make it change. I just have to hold my tongue for the next two weeks.
10. … on that note, my dog is gone. My grandmother let her out Saturday and she never returned. She lets Holly out unsupervised all the time and this week she didn’t show back up. I wasn’t home when it happened, but I have tried everything and we haven’t gotten a response yet. I loved her so much. She’s been a part of our family for 5 years! I know that there’s a chance that she is possibly injured or dead, but I just want to believe that she was picked up and she is being treated well.
So… I’m tired, working a garage sale, lost my dog, my grandmother’s driving me nuts, and my life sounds like a country song.
Just a few more weeks! Here’s my list — ten things that you now know.