If you have a phobia of the number twelve, you should probably hide until after midnight. If not, you’re going to hear a lot about 12-12-12 today.
My dear friend Nicole at Three 31 is doing a 12-12-12 link-up and I thought I would participate!
12 Lessons Learned in 2012
- Be grateful. Things haven’t always been easy, but God has supplied all our needs. When things are tough, I remember all the things we have been able to accomplish and survive even if we can’t do every “fun” thing we might want to do.
- Parenting is so much easier when you go with the flow and do what feels right for your family. The moment I stopped trying to make Bluebelle do stuff in a timeline to make ME feel and look like a better parent, she began to do things that astonished and amazed me and everything was so much easier in her time.
- Less is more. If you can get by with less, you’ll be happier. More tends to bring more everything, not just the good stuff.
- Don’t eat yellow snow. Okay, so I didn’t learn that this year (or through personal experience), but it’s a good thing to know.
- Calories don’t count on vacation, in other time zones, or when they can be justified.
- You are stronger than you think. I think I relearn this every year. You don’t know your own strength until it is tested, and I can promise you that you’ll find a way to survive in a way you never thought possible. You may get tired of discovering your own strength (I think we all do!) but you’ll come out a better person.
- Love first. Take the time to love first. It’s not the easiest, but just judging people far more exhausting and it doesn’t help you. Everyone has a story. I’m still working on this. I don’t think you ever stop working on this.
- Be a kid and don’t forget to have fun!
- Do stuff that stretches you. Take a risk. I did that this year when I went to my first Texas bloggers meet up, and I met some of the most amazing women ever. You will never regret making a new friend. You’ll never know what jewels you’ll find.
- Exercise. You’ll feel better and it doesn’t have to be crazy. Just get out there and let it build up. If you feel awkward, do a video. Yes, those people on the screen are annoying. You can mute the tv.
- Eat what you want… just don’t let it control you. Have the cake, just don’t eat the whole thing in one setting. Unless it’s one of those mini cakes. Then it’s GAME ON.
- Crack is wack. Okay, I just can’t think of anything else but it’s a good lesson.